Requesting Files from a CSU or Non-CSU affiliated party
If requesting files from a CSU or Non-CSU party, we recommend utilizing the file request feature:
- Login to portal.office.com to access your OneDrive.
- Create a folder you would like to receive folders in (e.g. 2020-project-uploads).
- Highlight the created folder and select ‘Request files’ from the top menu bar.
- In the prompt, enter a descriptive name for the files you are requesting. Select Next.
- Now you can select Copy link to copy the request link and send it to anyone you would like to request files from, or you can enter the email address or addresses of the people you want to request files from.
How to Share a File on OneDrive
How to Share a File on OneDrive:
- Go to portal.office.com
- Sign in with your CSU eId@colostate.edu + CSU Password
- Click on OneDrive (This will be the cloud in the column on the left).
- Hover over the file you want to share and Click the three dots. This works for sharing folders (and their contents) as well.
- Next, from the drop down menu, click the share button.
- After hitting the share button you will want to change who is allowed to see the file, so only specific people can access the file. You do this by clicking “Anyone with the link can edit” and then clicking “Specific People” to change the setting.
- Also from the screen you can give the person sharing access to edit by checking or unchecking the “Allow Editing” box.
- After finalizing this screen you can hit the blue “Apply” button on the bottom of the tab.
- After configuring the settings you can type the email address of the person you want to share the file with. (It does not have to be a CSU email but a non-CSU email will produce a warning message — you can just ignore this). You can also send a message to the receiver of the file if you wish.
- After the email address you want is entered in the box and you’ve added your message to the recipient (optional) you are ready and can hit the blue “Send” button to share the file.