CSU Career Center
The CSU Career Center provides comprehensive resources to students and alumni. Some highlights include:
- Job and Internship Postings on Handshake — including on and off campus opportunities
- CSU Career Fairs in Fall and Spring
- Resume & Cover Letter writing tips and review
- Graduate School Guides and Prep resources
- GoinGlobal – International Job Search resources
Check out the many other resources under the What We Do and Explore Careers tabs on the CSU Career Center website.
Want to connect in a direct appointment?
- Current students and alumni who graduated less than a year ago, can access the CSU Career Center Connect 1:1 for options for in-person and remote appointments.
- Alumni who graduated more than a year ago, can check out options for in-person and remote appointments on the Alumni Career Tools and Services site.
WCNR Career Center
WCNR Career Services provides natural resources-specific career information to WCNR students and alumni. Some highlights include:
- Warner Hot Jobs – listed on the WCNR Career Services homepage
- Weekly Job Announcements – available through the NRCC Listserv
- Major to Career Guides for ALL WCNR Majors – including tips on employers, professional associations, and more!
- Videos on Resume, Federal Resume, and Cover Letter Prep – viewable from the WCNR Career Services homepage
- Graduate School Tips & Videos for Natural Resource Students
Listservs and Career/Internship Information Boards
WCNR Career Services provides lists of Job Sites, Resources, and More accessible on their homepage. Some top *FREE* listservs and career/internship information boards are also included below:
General Focus (environmental, climate, and natural resources) Sites
- CJB Network: Conservation Job Board’s CJB Network lists over 1,000 environmental graduate and training programs in the United States.
- Conservation Job Board: Jobs in Conservation and Environmental sectors. Subscribe or view posted listings from their homepage, too.
- Cool Works Job Board: Jobs in cool places with an emphasis on the outdoors. Subscribe or view posted listings from their homepage, too.
- CSU Career Center Sustainability & Environment Pathways: Links compiled by the CSU Career Center for jobs in sustainability and environment.
- CSU Student Sustainability Center – Green Bulletin: Weekly news posts. Subscribe at the bottom of the homepage.
- Early Career Climate Network Job Board: For those interested in the climate sciences and climate adaptation, this page contains links to really useful topical career resources and communities.
- Ecological Society of America – ECOLOG-L: Posts forwarded daily. Be prepared to receive up to 40 emails/days during high volume periods.
- Environmental Job Alert Bulletin: Weekly news posts. Subscribe or view posted listings from their homepage, too.
- Green Job Board: A leading job board for environmental and sustainability careers. View posted listings from their homepage.
- National Science Policy Network: Resources and professional development engaging early career scientists in policy making.
- Post-Graduation International Opportunities: CSU Education Abroad resources for continuing engagement internationally.
- Stanford University Resources for Students and Early Career Researchers: A list of summer research opportunities, funding opportunities for all career stages, organizations with links to their conferences/meetings, organizations related to the outdoors, natural history book recommendations, and links for fun.
- Texas A&M Job Board: A searchable, comprehensive job board for environmental, GIS, and other related careers and internships, hosted by Texas A&M University’s Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences.
- USAJobs: The US Federal Government’s official employment website.
- Western Colorado Conservation Corps (WCCC) BLM Internship Program: The WCCC has opportunities to serve directly with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), through the Colorado Youth Corps Association (CYCA) and other assistance agreements.
Inclusive Focused Sites
- Browngirl Green’s Green Jobs Board: A job board targeting environmental and climate justice careers within organizations focusing on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Careers in Natural Resources Initiative: A website supporting pathways to enable ALL youth and young adults to enter a natural resource career providing support through career development and training.
- Earth Science Women’s Network: Job database for tenure- and non-tenure track faculty positions, post-doctoral positions, graduate student opportunities, and permanent position; plus the ES_Jobs_Net email list.
- Environment for the Americas: Internships and programs specifically connecting diverse people to natural resources.
- MANO Project Internship Database: Hispanic Access Foundation’s internship and fellowship database with partnering federal natural resource agencies.
- REUFinder.com: A resource for ALL STEM students to access research opportunities and to support individuals, organizations and mentors committed to promoting equity in STEM fields.
Water Related Sites
- American Water Works Association Job Board: Job board for water related jobs nationally and internationally.
- Association of Clean Water Administrator’s Job Opportunities: Job board curated by ACWA with the mission to achieve “clean water everywhere for everyone.”
- Colorado Water Assembly Job Board: Colorado Water Assembly is a resource where individuals involved with local watershed organizations can find information and guidance with regular posts on water jobs in Colorado.
- Kansas Geological Survey’s Geohydrology Internship Program: The Kansas Geological Survey (KGS) Geohydrology Section runs a paid internship program for graduate students, upper-level undergraduates, and/or recent graduates with an interest in water science.
- Josh’s Water Jobs: Connecting the immense talent in the water community with the wealth of career opportunities available worldwide.
- Rocky Mountain AWWA Job Board: Colorado-specific job board from the American Water Works Association.
- Rocky Mountain Water Environment Association Job Board: Job board for water conservation and utilities jobs in Colorado.