CSU Career Center
The CSU Career Center provides comprehensive resources to students and alumni. Some highlights include:
- Job and Internship Postings on Handshake — including on and off campus opportunities
- CSU Career Fairs in Fall and Spring
- Resume & Cover Letter writing tips and review
- Graduate School Guides and Prep resources
- GoinGlobal – International Job Search resources
Check out the many other resources under the What We Do and Explore Careers tabs on the CSU Career Center website.
Want to connect in a direct appointment?
- Current students and alumni who graduated less than a year ago, can access the CSU Career Center Connect 1:1 for options for in-person and remote appointments.
- Alumni who graduated more than a year ago, can check out options for in-person and remote appointments on the Alumni Career Tools and Services site.
CSU Career Center Financial Support
WCNR Career Center
WCNR Career Services provides natural resources-specific career information to WCNR students and alumni. Some highlights include:
- Warner Hot Jobs – listed on the WCNR Career Services homepage
- Weekly Job Announcements – available through the NRCC Listserv
- Major to Career Guides for ALL WCNR Majors – including tips on employers, professional associations, and more!
- Videos on Resume, Federal Resume, and Cover Letter Prep – viewable from the WCNR Career Services homepage
- Graduate School Tips & Videos for Natural Resource Students
Listservs and Career/Internship Information Boards
WCNR Career Services provides lists of Job Sites, Resources, and More accessible on their homepage. Some top *FREE* listservs and career/internship information boards are also included below:
General Focus (environmental, climate, and natural resources) Sites
- CJB Network: Conservation Job Board’s CJB Network lists over 1,000 environmental graduate and training programs in the United States.
- Conservation Job Board: Jobs in Conservation and Environmental sectors. Subscribe or view posted listings from their homepage, too.
- Cool Works Job Board: Jobs in cool places with an emphasis on the outdoors. Subscribe or view posted listings from their homepage, too.
- CSU Career Center Sustainability & Environment Pathways: Links compiled by the CSU Career Center for jobs in sustainability and environment.
- CSU Student Sustainability Center – Green Bulletin: Weekly news posts. Subscribe at the bottom of the homepage.
- Early Career Climate Network Job Board: For those interested in the climate sciences and climate adaptation, this page contains links to really useful topical career resources and communities.
- Ecological Society of America – ECOLOG-L: Posts forwarded daily. Be prepared to receive up to 40 emails/days during high volume periods.
- Environmental Job Alert Bulletin: Weekly news posts. Subscribe or view posted listings from their homepage, too.
- Green Job Board: A leading job board for environmental and sustainability careers. View posted listings from their homepage.
- National Science Policy Network: Resources and professional development engaging early career scientists in policy making.
- Post-Graduation International Opportunities: CSU Education Abroad resources for continuing engagement internationally.
- Stanford University Resources for Students and Early Career Researchers: A list of summer research opportunities, funding opportunities for all career stages, organizations with links to their conferences/meetings, organizations related to the outdoors, natural history book recommendations, and links for fun.
- Texas A&M Job Board: A searchable, comprehensive job board for environmental, GIS, and other related careers and internships, hosted by Texas A&M University’s Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences.
- USAJobs: The US Federal Government’s official employment website.
- Western Colorado Conservation Corps (WCCC) BLM Internship Program: The WCCC has opportunities to serve directly with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), through the Colorado Youth Corps Association (CYCA) and other assistance agreements.
Inclusive Focused Sites
- Browngirl Green’s Green Jobs Board: A job board targeting environmental and climate justice careers within organizations focusing on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Careers in Natural Resources Initiative: A website supporting pathways to enable ALL youth and young adults to enter a natural resource career providing support through career development and training.
- Earth Science Women’s Network: Job database for tenure- and non-tenure track faculty positions, post-doctoral positions, graduate student opportunities, and permanent position; plus the ES_Jobs_Net email list.
- Environment for the Americas: Internships and programs specifically connecting diverse people to natural resources.
- Latino Heritage Internship Program: The Latino Heritage Internship Program (LHIP), created by the National Park Service (NPS) and administered in partnership with Environment for the Americas(EFTA), is designed to provide internship opportunities to young adults in diverse professional fields in the National Park Service.
- MANO Project Internship Database: Hispanic Access Foundation’s internship and fellowship database with partnering federal natural resource agencies.
- Native American Research Assistantship Program: The Wildlife Society offers annual summer research assistantships for Native undergraduate or graduate students mentored by federal research and development scientists and promotes student advancement and training for careers in natural resource and conservation-related fields.
- REUFinder.com: A resource for ALL STEM students to access research opportunities and to support individuals, organizations and mentors committed to promoting equity in STEM fields.
Water Related Sites
- American Water Works Association Job Board: Job board for water related jobs nationally and internationally.
- Association of Clean Water Administrator’s Job Opportunities: Job board curated by ACWA with the mission to achieve “clean water everywhere for everyone.”
- Colorado Water Assembly Job Board: Colorado Water Assembly is a resource where individuals involved with local watershed organizations can find information and guidance with regular posts on water jobs in Colorado.
- Kansas Geological Survey’s Geohydrology Internship Program: The Kansas Geological Survey (KGS) Geohydrology Section runs a paid internship program for graduate students, upper-level undergraduates, and/or recent graduates with an interest in water science.
- Josh’s Water Jobs: Connecting the immense talent in the water community with the wealth of career opportunities available worldwide.
- Rocky Mountain AWWA Job Board: Colorado-specific job board from the American Water Works Association.
- Rocky Mountain Water Environment Association Job Board: Job board for water conservation and utilities jobs in Colorado.