Are you looking to make a difference? Become a Conservation Leader.
Application deadline March 1, 2020
- Complete the online graduate school application
- Complete supplemental questions
- Submit application materials
- Check application status
1. Complete Online Application
Complete the Graduate School Application to apply for Fall 2020. In the application, select the ‘Degree Program’ option and then ‘Conservation Leadership’ for the program.
2. Complete Supplemental Questions
Complete the series of supplemental questions thoroughly. These questions ask you to describe your:
- Conservation experience
- Cross-cultural experience
- Leadership experience
- Peace Corps and/or AmeriCorps experience, if applicable
Before ranking your Capstone Project choices, please review our Project Opportunities webpage for more information about each project.
3. Submit Application Materials
After submitting the initial online application and paying the USD $60 application fee, submit the required supporting materials to complete your application. Note: For students from developing world countries, contact us regarding a waiver for the application fee. Application fee waivers available from the Graduate School for Peace Corps or AmeriCorps alumni here.
- Personal statement (1 to 2 pages double-spaced)
- Contact information for 3 references
- An email will automatically be sent to recommenders asking them to complete a recommendation form and/or upload a letter of recommendation.
- To submit official transcripts: contact your undergraduate institution(s) and request one official transcript to be sent to Colorado State University (institution code 4075).
- If your undergraduate institution(s) will send an official transcript electronically, please have it sent to email@example.com.
- For study abroad experiences, the Graduate School will accept an unofficial transcript or grade card.
- To submit test scores, contact the testing agency to request that scores be sent to Colorado State University (institution code 4075). Note: Conservation Leadership does not require the GRE.
- International applicants: To submit results for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), request that scores be sent to Colorado State University (institution code 4075).
- View answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the English Proficiency requirement here.
- For any documents that cannot be uploaded, submit paper copies directly to the Office of Admissions at:
Colorado State University – Office of Admissions
1062 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1062
4. Check Application Status
View the status of your application at any time to ensure your application checklist is complete or to check on updates.
If you have any questions about applying to the Conservation Leadership program, please contact CLTL@mail.colostate.edu.