Thanks to Michael and Iris Smith’s generosity, the Smith Scholars in Geosciences program provides matching full-tuition scholarships in combination with other CSU financial aid to Colorado resident Geosciences students.
The Smith Scholarship is the most prestigious undergraduate scholarship offered through the Geosciences Department. Smith Scholars are selected based on scholastic achievement, character, service, and leadership, and it is expected that Smith Scholarship recipients will contribute to the Geosciences Department, Warner College of Natural Resources, and Colorado State University in positive ways.
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be considered for the Smith Scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time student pursuing a first bachelor’s degree
- Colorado resident
- Declared Geology major (in any one of our four Geology concentrations)
- Demonstrated financial need
- Demonstrated academic achievement
The Smith Scholarship is renewable for up to four years (total of eight semesters of support in addition to summer field camp) for recipients who continue to meet all eligibility criteria and maintain good academic standing.
To apply for the Smith Scholarship, students must complete the CSU Scholarship Application in RamWeb and submit the FAFSA online or the Colorado ASSET Institutional Aid Application.
- The deadline to complete the CSUSA and FAFSA is March 1.
- The deadline to complete the Colorado ASSET Institutional Aid Application application is Feb 1.