Current Graduate Students:
- Tyler Swarr (M.S. Candidate) – Optimizing fish passage structures for eastern plains fishes.
- Dan Cammack (M.S. Candidate) – Effects of temperature on Sauger reproduction and development.
- Alex Townsend (M.S. Candidate – coadvised with Dr. W. Clements) – Effects of selenium on brown trout reproduction.
Past Graduate Students:
- Mandi Brandt (M.S.) – Optimal starter diets and culture conditions for Colorado River cutthroat trout.
- Christopher Craft (M.S. Candidate) – Cost-effective alternative protein diets for rainbow trout.
- Ashley Ficke (M.S.) – Fish barriers and small plains fishes: fishway design recommendations and the impact of existing instream structures.
- Brian Fox (M.S.) – Investigation of the effects of whitewater parks on aquatic resources in Colorado.
- Eric Gardunio (M.S. Candidate) – Development of barriers to the upstream migration of burbot and white suckers.
- Scott Hoyer (M.S.) – Can copper-based substrates be used to protect hatcheries from invasion by the New Zealand Mudsnail?
- Kristoph Kinzli (M.S.) – Using Bendway Weirs to aid in the recovery of the endangered Rio Grande silvery minnow.
- Matt Kondratieff (M.S.) – Evaluating brook trout jumping performance using adjustable waterfalls.
- Cheyenne Owens (M.S. Candidate) – Improving the culture of Snake River Cutthroat Trout
- Kendall Ross (M.S.) – Temperature effects on Trinity River, CA, adult spring-run Chinook salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha) metabolism and survival.
- Zak Sutphin (M.S.) – Developing appropriate water quality based transportation densities for fishes in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, California.
Past Undergraduate Student Researchers:
Mandi Brandt – The effects of light intensity on the leaping ability of juvenile brook charr.
- Sarah Conlin – Assessing the use of copper and copper-based compounds to prevent the upstream movement of New Zealand mudsnails.
- Caitlin Cox – Responses of New Zealand mudsnails to copper barriers in flowing water.
- Alyssa Graziano – Jumping behavior of cutthroat trout
- Michael Habberfield – Effects of the perceived threat of predation on the metabolic rate of threadfin shad.
- J. Preston Holloway – The effects of waterfall width on juvenile brook trout jumping ability.
- Nathan Jud – Observing swimming and jumping capabilities of a target conservation fish species
- – the common shiner.
- Jahan Monirian – Effects of acclimation temperature and simulated handling stress on the critical thermal tolerance of threadfin shad.
- Cloelle Sausville-Giddings – An investigation of sand shiner swimming performance and their ability to negotiate pool-and-weir fishways.
- Zack Underwood – Effects of acclimation temperature on the thermal tolerance of Colorado River cutthroat trout.
- Adam Herdrich – Thermal biology of stonecats (Noturus flavus).
- Alyssa Graziano – Influence of density on cutthroat trout jumping frequency.
- Sean Williams – Sound production in the fathead minnow.