The Colorado State University Student Chapter of The Wildlife Society
The Wildlife Society
The Wildlife Society is an international, scientific, and educational organization that serves wildlife professionals and students. The Colorado State University Student Chapter provides hands-on learning, professional speakers, and volunteering opportunities, to cultivate academic, social and career interests in wildlife management. (see wildlife.org)
IT DOES NOT COST ANYTHING TO BECOME A MEMBER! Just start showing up to meetings or other club events! We do recommend signing up for the email list if you would like to get involved. Dues are only required if you plan on attending an overnight trip ($15/semester or $25/year). For questions regarding membership, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe to our e-mail list and receive updates about TWS events please email us at email@example.com.
We’re on Instagram! Click here to go to our page!
The Coffee Table is Up and Running! The coffee table is a great way to get involved and give back to the club, and you can do homework while you’re there! Volunteering entails committing a minimum of one hour a week for the semester to serve coffee in the Warner College atrium. Questions can be directed toward firstname.lastname@example.org
TWS Schedule of Events
- The First Meeting of Fall 2023 will be held on Tuesday, August 29th, from 5:30PM-7:00PM in the Warner College of Natural Resources building, room 140 (WCNR/MSNR 140). Future meetings will be held biweekly (beginning 8/29) in Wagar 133 from 6:00PM-7:00PM!
- The First Raptor Monitoring Outing of Fall 2023 is on Sunday, August 20th! Future outings will be biweekly (beginning 8/20). To attend, please use the sign-up from the email we send prior to the outing.
- The First Camera Trap Outing of Fall 2023 is on Saturday, August 26th! Future outings will be biweekly (beginning 8/26). To attend, please fill out this form.
- Duck Banding with Colorado Parks and Wildlife is on Friday, September 8th! The sign-up will be sent out on Wednesday, September 6th, and will be first-come-first-serve.
- Burrowing Owl Workshop Meeting is on Tuesday, September 12th in place of our normal meeting!
- Chapter Meeting with Chuck Anderson is on Tuesday, September 26th! Chuck is the Mammals Research Section Leader for Colorado Parks and Wildlife and will be talking about some interesting aspects of his career and what he does as a wildlife researcher.
- The USFS Routt National Forest Trip will be Wednesday (night), September 27th, through Sunday, October 1st. Come join us for a camping trip in North Park with professionals on Routt National Forest! The trip will include service projects, experiential learning, and a federal resume workshop!
- Chapter Meeting with Mark Viera is on Tuesday, October 10th! Mark is the Carnivore and Furbearers Program Manager for Colorado Parks and Wildlife and will be talking about his career, career paths within Colorado Parks and Wildlife, and some projects he has worked with.
- The RMNP Elk Rut Trip is scheduled for Friday, October 13th, and Saturday, October 14th! Come join us for camping, wildlife viewing, and hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park!
- Chapter Meeting with Ashley Mueller is on Tuesday, October 24th! Ashley is a representative of the Native American Fish and Wildlife Society and will be talking about her career and wildlife management within the Native American Fish and Wildlife Society.
Our Leadership Board 2022-2023
Outreach and Communications Manager:
Camera Trap Project Lead:
Coffee Table Manager:
Raptor Monitoring Co-Leads:
JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion) Chair:
Conservation Chair Co-Leads:
Sophie Deitch & Daniel Rice
Tomás Dardis & Sophie Scholl
Larissa Bailey (PhD.)
Curious about what we are a student chapter of? Visit this link to learn about the national chapter of The Wildlife Society and the amazing work we do!
Here is a quick link to a Google Form to sign up for our email list!
Come visit us on Instagram! We post announcements and updates about all the opportunities, work, and fun things we do!
We also have a RamLink page!