We are a student-led group enthusiastic about reducing waste on campus and in our personal lives, through outreach and education. We host waste diversion and up-cycling events such as home football, volleyball, and basketball games, craft nights, and potlucks. We hope to spread knowledge about proper waste management practices, in order to create a culture of zero waste on campus and throughout our community. We also work directly with the University to improve waste infrastructure, with a focus on compost collection.
- Waste Diversion: We divert waste at many of the athletics games such as Football, Volleyball and Basketball. (Photos)
- Waste Diversion Move-in / Move-out (Photos)
- Sustainability Initiatives and Projects: We work with many different student organizations and groups to try and make CSU and it’s community more sustainable.
- Recent Projects: E-Waste Drive, Clothing Swap, Composting in Resident Halls
- CSU Zero Waste Sorting Guide
- Zero Waste Tips!
- Use shampoo and conditioner bars to reduce plastic consumption
- Use a metal razor
- Buy in bulk
- Reduce meat consumption
- Clean out glass food jars and reuse them as Tupperware, drinking glasses, plant propagation containers, and more
- Shop at local thrift stores
- Buy local foods (Farmers Markets!)
- Keep reusing notebooks until they are out of paper
- Donate unwanted items to the thrift store
- Use proper waste sorting techniques
- Tell your friends about Zero Waste!
- Nobody is perfect, and this is not something that will change overnight. Work on one goal at a time and be proud of yourself for coming this far!
We have Zero Waste Team meetings every Thursday from 6:00 – 7:00pm in the Michael Smith Natural Resources (MSNR) Building – Room 14
President – Sam Cummings (Sam.Cummings@colostate.edu)
Social Media Coordinator – Rachel Lilley (Rachel.Lilley@colostate.edu)
Outreach Coordinator/Financial Officer – Grace Evans (email@example.com)
- Click here to receive our Monthly Zero Waste Team Newsletter, and stay up to date on what events and opportunities are available to you!
- Check out our Social Media pages, and stay up to date that way too! (@csuzerowasteteam)
- Feel free to Email us with any questions, concerns, inquiries or ideas that you may have! – firstname.lastname@example.org