Undergraduate Commencement Information and Sign-up
Please read the following instructions carefully and inform your guests of times, locations, parking, and building access. Please complete the online attendance form if you plan to attend the commencement ceremony.
Spring 2017 Commencement will be held on Sunday, May 14th at 10:00 a.m.
Line-up for graduates:
One hour prior (9am)
Location: Moby Arena Intramural Gym
Date: Sunday, May 14, 2017
Time: 10am (will last roughly 1.5 hours)
Location: Moby Arena
**Graduate School Ceremony is separate:
Date: Friday, May 12, 2017
Location: Moby Arena
Regalia Orders and Distribution
- Students may rent their regalia on-line at http://colleges.herffjones.com/college/_coloradostate/ or with cash only during the scheduled pick-up times on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday May 10, 11, and 12 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Moby Arena C-Wing C102 (east side of Moby Complex, near the Intramural Gym). Estimated costs for regalia are $25.25 for Bachelor's regalia and $48.25 for Master's/Doctorate regalia.
- Or students may also order their regalia and an Alumni Association membership in advance via Grad Packs starting at $43 on the Commencement homepage: www.commencement.colostate.edu. Students, except for doctoral candidates, keep their caps and tassels. The deadline for online ordering is Wednesday, April 5.
- Students who did not order regalia (cap, gown, and tassel) before the April 5 deadline still have the opportunity to rent regalia or purchase a Grad Pack. Students may rent Bachelor’s regalia for $25.75 and Master’s/Doctorate regalia for $48.25 (CASH ONLY) at Cap and Gown Distribution on May 10, 11, and 12, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. , at the Moby Arena C-Wing C102 (east side of Moby Complex, near the Intramural Gym). Students who wish to purchase a Grad Pack can still do so through the CSU Alumni Association.
Pick up your regalia:
Thursday and Friday May 11 and 12
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Moby Arena C-Wing C102 (east side of Moby Complex, near the Intramural Gym)
- Additionally, regalia may be picked up one hour prior to their ceremony at the Moby Complex, until 10 am Sunday, May 14. No regalia, student or faculty, may be picked up after 10 am Sunday, May 14.
Return of regalia will be immediately after the ceremony to the Moby C-Wing- same place distribution is taking place OR to the Information Desk in the Lory Student Center, ground level.
Please note that there may be a charge for late returns. Any late returns should be sent directly to:
HERFF JONES – RETURNS
1000 N MARKET ST
CHAMPAIGN IL 61820
Customer Number: 05000206002, Order Number: 3855602
Using the drop down menu, find your name, click on it then hit continue. You must first click “Edit Order” and review ALL your order information before confirming. Please add your Department and Email Address. You will receive an immediate email confirmation of your order. If you do not receive the email confirmation, please contact Unique Recognition at 970-663-2668. If your name does not appear, simply click on “New Faculty Member” and carefully follow instructions. ON-LINE ORDERING DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MARCH 24, 2017 at 6:00pm.
|Type of Regalia||Cost|
|Faculty Masters or Doctorate Rental Unit||$48.00|
|Faculty Cap, Gown and Tassel Only Rental||$22.00|
|Faculty Hood Only Rental||$26.00|
Graduates receive a diploma cover at Commencement. The actual diplomas will be mailed to graduates six to eight weeks after commencement. For those unable to attend the ceremonies, diploma covers are available in the Registrar's Office (at no charge). Diploma covers can be mailed by calling 491-7159; the postage cost is $5.00 per cover for U.S. mailings.
Guests and Seating
Spring 2017 commencement ceremonies are at Moby Arena. Please use the guidelines below to suggest parking options for families and guests. Construction on campus will impact available parking, particularly on Friday. For the most up to date announcements regarding parking and construction impact please check the CSU construction updates website.
Friday after 4 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday ALL DAY
FREE PARKING is available in all lots mentioned above, as Saturdays and Sundays are not regular university business days.
Additional information regarding parking can be obtained from the CSU Parking Services at http://parking.colostate.edu/ or by calling (970) 491-7041.
This ceremony is a very public event, reflecting upon you, your Department, your College, and the University. For this reason, we request that your behavior during the ceremony reflect the dignity and importance of this occasion for all of us. University administrators and members of the Board of Governors will participate in our ceremony. Alcoholic beverages or inappropriate substances or objects are not in keeping with the dignified nature of our commencement ceremony and are not permitted. Such items will be confiscated as you enter the line-up area. This ceremony is the capstone of the academic experience for you, other students, and families and friends. Your recognition of the rights of others to enjoy the ceremony free from disruptive or inappropriate behavior is appreciated.
Guest conduct restrictions
Prohibited items not allowed in Commencement and Commissioning venues include the following:
1. Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs carried in by patrons.
2. Glass bottles or metal cans.
3. Ice chests or large coolers.
4. Bota bags or wine skins.
5. Sticks, bats or clubs, including any attachments.
6. Fireworks, firearms or other weapons, or simulated weapons.
7. Bullhorns or other artificial noisemakers.
8. Framed backpacks.
9. Animals other than certified guide dogs for the disabled.
Room 103 Natural Resources Building
Again, please complete the on-line commencement attendance form.