Xi Sigma Pi
Xi Sigma Pi is an international honors society for students in forestry and natural resources fields. Members must first be nominated on merit and complete an initiation process in order to be considered full members of the society. Requirements achieving this can be found in the the Membership section.
To see a full club schedule for this semester, click on the Activities tab.
- Secure and maintain a high standard of scholarship in natural resources education
- Encourage the advancement of the natural resources profession
- Promote a fraternal spirit among those engaged in activities related to the natural resources
- Service projects
- Guest speakers
- You've earned the opportunity to be in it!
- Great opportunity to network with other students, faculty, researchers, and professionals from different fields
- Eligible for Regional Xi Sigma Pi Scholarship
- Membership is a great resume builder
- Potential edge for employment opportunities over non-members
Since its creation at the turn of the 20th century, Xi Sigma Pi has become one of the most well-known natural resources and forestry honors societies today. Xi Sigma Pi was originally founded at the University of Washington on November 24, 1908, and is now comprised of over 40 chapters across the USA and Canada. In addition, Xi Sigma Pi has recently been recognized as a member of the Association of College Honors Societies.
The Omicron Chapter at Colorado State University was established in 1943. While Xi Sigma Pi was initially intended to be solely a forestry honors society here at Colorado State University, we have expanded our chapter to acknowledge the hard work and dedication put forth by students of ALL natural resources fields. Our membership represents the vast diversity of individuals present within the Warner College of Natural Resources at Colorado State University.