Be part of a recognized student chapter of the Colorado Section of the Society for Range Management!
The Society for Range Management (SRM) is the national scientific and educational organization representing the rangeland management profession in the United States. Founded in 1948 by Joseph Pechanec (among others), it has over 4,000 members in 48 countries, including many developing nations.
Welcome! We seek to extend student education outside the classroom through experiential learning, networking opportunities with professionals both locally and nationally, and the chance to socialize among peers with a common interest in the study, management, and rational use of rangelands and related ecosystems.
Join our community!
- Develop an understanding of range ecosystems and the principles applicable for managing resources
- Get hands-on experience through participating in club-sponsored fieldwork such as plant collection, land restoration and measurement
- Build networks with experienced professionals from the Colorado Section of the Society for Range Management
- Identify areas of interest for your studies and potential future employers
- Gain exposure to specialties within the profession through guest speakers.
- Have access to information and resources that facilitate your schoolwork.
- Meet other students with common interests within the rangeland management program outside the classroom.
The Range Ecology Club will not have official club meetings during the Spring 2021 semester.
There will be field day events. Please email the Range Ecology Club to learn more.
All are welcome regardless of
degree track or academic level!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
-SRM Virtual Meeting (Feb. 15-18, 2021)
-Professional Section Meetings
-Range Field Days
Rangeland Ecology Club Meetings
All majors at CSU are welcome to attend both our general club meetings and plant identification team meetings. In our general club meetings, we discuss upcoming events, invite in guest speakers from the field, and get to meet new people interested in range science!
Plant ID Meetings
Come learn how to identify North American grasses, forbs, and shrubs. Every year at the Society for Range Management Annual Meeting a competition is held for undergraduate students to test their knowledge on identifying over 200 plant species.
2020 Society for Range Management National Convention in Denver, CO.
The annual meeting for the Society for Range Management (SRM) professional society was held in Denver this year, giving Colorado State University rangeland stewards home field advantage. The 17 CSU undergraduate and graduate students in attendance, along with staff, faculty and alumni participated in established traditions, and also led the start of new initiatives during the five-day event.
Society for Range Management http://rangelands.org/
Society for Range Management Annual Meeting http://annualmeeting.rangelands.org/
Colorado Section: Society for Range Management http://www.cssrm.org/
Colorado Parks and Wildlife http://cpw.state.co.us/
USA Jobs https://www.usajobs.gov/
Society for Range Management Job Board http://rangelands.org/job-listings/
Warner College Weekly Job Listserv https://lists.colostate.edu/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nrcc
Ecological Society of America Job Board https://www.esacareercenter.org/