Passionate about a career in the ski industry?
The ski industry is a major economic contributor around the world, particularly within rural communities. Within the USA, skiing represents a $7.1 billion dollar industry and has averaged a total of 57.5 million skier days since 2002/03. Worldwide, there are over 400 million skier days per year. Today, the ski industry is experiencing a growth in participation and revenue, with the skiing experience the best it has ever been.
Ski areas are currently in need professionals who are bright, motivated, and educated to meet the challenges of ski area operation in an ever-changing global environment. These include increasing revenue, marketing the guest experience, planning and developing base area and on-mountain projects, communicating with stakeholders, and managing both human and natural resources upon which the industry relies, in a strategic, ethical, and sustainable manner. Colorado State University’s Ski Area Management program (SKAMP) provides students with these skills and knowledge so that they can differentiate themselves from others and advance their career as a successful ski area manager.
Online learning with Colorado State University Online
- Accelerated, affordable program that fits your schedule.
- Flexible learning for students and professionals located around the world.
- Focus on collaborative learning and instruction with emphasis on applied and experiential learning.
- Majority of the content comes directly from ski industry experts.
- Targeted learning that benefits both established professionals as well as those new to the industry.
- Graduate with the knowledge, expertise, and industry connections critical to your success.