Adventure for a Lifetime
With 7.6 million direct jobs and $887 billion (USD) in consumer spending the outdoor recreation industry is now an economic and political powerhouse, almost double the pharmaceuticals and the automotive industries. With each sector of the industry reporting growth for consecutive years there has never been a better time to make adventure not just a way of life, but a way of living.
With sustained growth and expanding sophistication in the industry, professionals and practitioners are seeking to grow their acumen, expertise, and professional distinction. The need for motivated, hard-working, and informed individuals is rapidly increasing within the global adventure tourism industry, the fastest growing category of tourism in the world (UNWTO AM Report).
Whether you are an experienced professional, burgeoning entrepreneur, or new to the industry, Colorado State University’s Online Graduate Certificate in Adventure Tourism is positioned to provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed and ultimately do what matters… Live your Passion.
Online learning with Colorado State University Online
- Accelerated, affordable, 6 course, 12 credit program that fits your schedule.
- Targeted learning that benefits both established professionals as well as those new to the industry.
- Flexible learning for students and professionals located around the world.
- Graduate-level education focuses on collaborative learning with emphases on, business acumen, applied and experiential learning.
- Content informed by adventure tourism industry experts.
- Graduate with the knowledge, expertise, and industry connections critical to your success.
Adventure Tourism Program Soars to New Heights with the Addition of New Industry Experts to Existing, Experienced Instructors
Graduate Certificate in Adventure Tourism first of its kind in the US
The adventure and outdoor recreation industry is an economic powerhouse in the United States, with consumers spending $887 billion annually and a workforce of 7.6…
Vail Resorts executive joins tourism faculty
Mark Gasta, former executive vice president of Vail Resorts, has joined the faculty of the Colorado State University Department of Human Dimensions of Natural Resources…