Developing Fish Passage Structures for Eastern Plains Fishes
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Colorado Springs Utilities
- Measure the passage performance of a wide range of fishes found in Colorado’s Front Range and Eastern Plains streams, including flathead chub, suckermouth minnow, plains topminnow, stonecat, and white sucker.
- Evaluate the performance of existing fish passage structures located in the Boulder Creek drainage with PIT-tagged, wild-caught fish.
- Test the passage ability of common configurations of rock ramp fishways with a subset of fish from CO’s eastern plains.
Cost-Effective, Alternative Protein Diets for Rainbow Trout
- Western Regional Aquaculture Center
- Measure the survival, growth, and performance of rainbow trout fed custom diets featuring different combinations of low-impact protein sources.
- Determine how the different diets affect rainbow trout oxygen consumption rates.
- Determine how the different diets affect rainbow trout flesh quality.
Development of Barriers to the Upstream Migration of Burbot and White Suckers
- Wyoming Game and Fish Department
- US Bureau of Reclamation (Upper Colorado Region)
- Measure the swimming and jumping performance of burbot and white sucker.
- Use the swimming and jumping data to develop guidelines for the design of effective barriers to the upstream migration of these species into sensitive habitats for native fishes like the bluehead and flannelmouth sucker and the roundtail chub.