Warner College Peer Support Group
Share your experiences and challenges with other Warner students in an online discussion group set up for a virtual, facilitated conversation. This series aims to connect you to your peers during a time when it might be harder to connect than usual. This series will be facilitated by academic advisor Jacqie Hasan and will happen weekly through out the semester covering various topics.
Join the Peer Support Group through Microsoft Teams here: Join Microsoft Teams Meeting (please ensure that your browser is not blocking the pop-up connection prompt “Do you want to allow this page to open “Microsoft Teams.app?”)
If you are having difficulty connecting, please reach out to Jacqie Hasan directly.
Topics and schedule:
- August 31: First week: was it weird?
- September 7: Labor Day: no meeting
- September 14: Identifying stress responses in yourself and those around you.
- September 21: Online Success Strategies
- September 28: Losses: Working through grief, loss of normalcy
- October 5: Relationships: Maintaining relationships while social distancing, maintaining autonomy at home
- October 12: Halfway There: check in for midway through semester
- October 19: Self Care: setting boundaries and meeting needs
- October 26: Class Registration: how to plan for for Spring 2021?
- November 2: New Normal: share what is working for you and get feedback from others
- November 9: Coping with Changes: during and after break
- November 16: Mindfulness and Guided Meditation: being in the moment
- November 23: Thanksgiving break- no meeting
- November 30: New situation: how is it going?
- December 7: Reframing: What story are you telling yourself?
- December 14: What Comes Next? Finding purpose and meaning making.