This position will assist with implementing and collaborate on program planning, development, and strategic communications in the Department of Human Dimensions of Natural Resources (HDNR). Responsibilities encompass assisting in the promotion and marketing of HDNRprograms, webpage design and maintenance, and student recruitment. Duties also include assisting in the strategic development of opportunities as related to the department’s undergraduate, graduate, research, and outreach programs.
Other duties include grant writing development and advancement to support departmental research, outreach efforts, program support, and student scholarships.
This position reports directly to HDNR Communication Coordinator.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Recipient must have a bachelor’s degree in Natural Resources, Communications, Hospitality/Tourism, or related field.
- Experience coordinating conferences, events and complex projects.
- Experience in communications or marketing.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license or access to a licensed driver by the employment start date
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and manage large events/conferences.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple work projects and types of activities while meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency of Adobe CC products (particularly InDesign) or similar graphic design programs, web CMS, and proficiency in MS Office programs.
- Experience in fundraising and grant writing.
- Social media management experience.
- Experience working in academia.
- Experience developing and managing annual budgets.
- Experience with web page design and graphic design.
- Commitment to enhancing diversity and inclusion.