- Mar. 2, 2015: New paper accepted in Ecological Monographs that investigates bison and disease in Yellowstone:
Hobbs, N.T., C. Geremia, J. Trainor, R. Wallen, P.J. White, M.B. Hooten, and J.C. Rhyan. (In Press). State-space modeling to support adaptive management of brucellosis in the Yellowstone bison population. Ecological Monographs.
- Feb. 4, 2015: New paper appears on the cover of Ecological Monographs:
Hooten, M.B. and N.T. Hobbs. (2015). A guide to Bayesian model selection for ecologists. Ecological Monographs, 85: 3-28.
- Jan. 26, 2015: New paper in Methods in Ecology and Evolution on biodiversity inference from multispecies occupancy models :
Broms, K.M., M.B. Hooten, and R. Fitzpatrick. (2015). Accounting for imperfect detection in Hill numbers for biodiversity studies. Methods in Ecology and Evolution, 6: 99-108.
- Jan. 15, 2015: New paper accepted in Environmetrics that investigates spatial confounding and restricted regression for geostatistical models:
Hanks, E.M., E. Schliep, M.B. Hooten, and J.A. Hoeting. (In Press). Restricted spatial regression in practice: Geostatistical models, confounding, and robustness under model misspecification. Environmetrics.
- Jan. 13, 2015: New paper accepted in Methods in Ecology and Evolution that describes an issue associated with some presence-only data and potential ways to handle it:
Hefley, T.J. and M.B. Hooten. (In Press). On the existence of maximum likelihood estimates for presence-only data. Methods in Ecology and Evolution.
- Jan. 2, 2015: New paper accepted in Annals of Applied Statistics that presents a highly flexible approach to modeling animal movement:
Hanks, E.M., M.B. Hooten, and M. Alldredge. (In Press). Continuous-time discrete-space models of animal movement. Annals of Applied Statistics.
- Dec. 18, 2014: New paper accepted in Ecological Applications that investigates spatio-temporal population dynamics of waterfowl:
Ross, B.E., M.B. Hooten, J-M DeVink, and D.N. Koons. (In Press). The importance of climate, predation, and density dependence in waterfowl population regulation. Ecological Applications.