The Geosciences Department offers weekly seminars every semester. Seminars are located in NR 320 on Friday afternoons at 4:00pm. Food is provided. Participation in department seminars is an excellent way to learn more about a topic in the field and network with faculty and industry professionals! To view the seminar schedule for this semester, go to the seminar website.
Join the Colorado State University Geology Club! Consisting of majors and non-majors, each member shares a common interest in geology. Membership is open to all CSU students, and no membership dues are required. If you are interested in seeing and learning about local geology, this club is for you. We offer several field trips during the year, and we also host a variety of lectures, meetings, and outings for members. Participation in the Geology Club is a great way to network with individuals from the Geosciences Department, alumni, and industry representatives. Interested in learning more? Be sure to follow us on Facebook for the latest club and department news, including upcoming meeting dates and times. Join us at our next meeting or contact the club officers for more information:
There are several student organizations available through Warner College of Natural Resources. Click here to view a full list of organizations within the college.
Warner College of Natural Resources also sponsors two Residential Learning Communities for Natural Resource students. Students living in the Residential Learning Communities have the opportunity to network with faculty members and participate in academic and social programs. For more information on the two Residential Learning Community tracks for Natural Resource students, and to apply for the community, please visit the NRSRLC website.
Admission to the CSU Honors Program is available to incoming freshman, transfer students, and continuing CSU students. Honors Program participants have the opportunity to complete an undergraduate thesis as well as honors course options within the Geosciences major. For more information on the Honors Program admission process, requirements, and honors course options in the department, please visit the Honors Program website.
- Geological Society of America (http://www.geosociety.org/)
- American Geosciences Institute (http://www.americangeosciences.org/)
- American Geophysical Union (http://sites.agu.org/)
- America Institute of Professional Geologists (http://www.aipg.org/)
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (http://www.aapg.org/)
- Society of Economic Geologists (http://www.segweb.org/)
- Society of Vertebrate Paleontologists (http://www.vertpaleo.org/)
- Seismological Society of America (http://www.seismosoc.org/)
- Colorado Geological Survey (geosurvey.state.co.us)
- US Geological Survey (http://www.usgs.gov/)
- USGS National Geologic Map Database (ngmdb.usgs.gov)
- Additional Geoscience Professional Organizations